Sunday, December 30, 2018

Perry Mason

Just a quickie, but.....I love Perry Mason. The TV show, especially, although I read many of Erle Stanley Gardner's books back in my schooldays. Yes, it's a formula set-up (what series isn't?), but to my eyes and ears, there's always just the right amount of spark and intrigue in each premise.

I didn't see any of the show's episodes until I was into college, and by then, I had read a few of the books. My best friend during high school remarked to me how he'd started watching it in the morning when getting ready for his U of H classes, and that got me started watching it. It was easy to get hooked. Who doesn't like a good mystery? Which is what these stories are, ultimately.

Like the true hoarder I am, I bought all the episodes on DVD when the price became to my liking.....sometime earlier this year. The show is a good watch when I want to get some bike riding in, but unlike some other shows, I can't watch this one while doing something else. There are too many visual cues that can be easily missed, so "full attention, please." Oftentimes, while working on something not really demanding full attention, I'll put on "Gunsmoke" or "Dark Shadows" (yep, I will finish it one day). But for "Perry," gotta keep eyes glued to the screen.

That's it. One for the online record.

No comments:

Post a Comment