Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Never-Ending Quary

Oh, now that's a clever title, eh? Thought about that one for 40 seconds or so.

So, here we sit. Although, I'm doing more than sitting, for sure. Maybe more than in a while. Of course I'm not playing with my friends in musical settings, but I'm still practicing at home on the trusty electro-kit. Not as much as I probably should, but I have a feeling I'll be ramping that up soon.

House/property projects are in the works and on the horizon, for sure. I finally, after Michelle's been casually mentioning it for, oh, ten years or so, began dismantling the large wooden swing set and play structure that's at the back side of our property. So far, it's been surprisingly easy. Bolts and nuts that I thought certainly would be rusted through are coming loose fairly easily. Once nails are out, it's coming apart. I have a little over half of that done. The drawback so far has been almost constant rain on the weekends; I'm still working during the week.

Yes, still working the government training job. Nothing different there, except that I don't have to go into the office at all right now. Hoping that will continue once the virus issue has abated...whenever that is. I am having trouble concentrating on my job, though - that's for certain. I was just given a narration project, though, so I'll be busy early next week. And another long-term project (not really a project, but a problem that needs solving) is coming more into focus. So, I'm still a 40-hour-a-week dude. And I'm counting my lucky stars.

All we can do is wait this out. We do go get take-out food on occasion, but Michelle upped HelloFresh's meal kits to five a week. The only issue with that has been that HelloFresh, probably through sheer overwhelmedness, only sent us three this week. Supposedly, we'll be back to five by next week. We'll see. I've managed to get a couple of HEB Curbsides and Deliveries, and one Walmart Pickup, but that's been all. I've started ordering a few things through Amazon (coffee, trash bags); I don't want to go that route, but these are different times.

That's about it for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment