Sunday, November 17, 2019

"Boyhood"

A quick post regarding the Richard Linklater-directed movie, "Boyhood." I watched this for a second time yesterday, and I have to say this is up in my top 20, maybe of all time. And that's a personal list, not one that I'm basing on technical merit or grandiosity. I just connect to it. The tale of a young boy growing up with a mother who makes bad man choices is something that resonates with me, although the character in the movie is pretty different from me and has different surroundings. I didn't have a sister (only a stepsister I've never been close to), for instance. But jeez, does this movie speak to me. I suspect I'll watch it several times more over the years. Another movie that does this to me, for similar reasons is "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore." Maybe, if I have a spare five hours or so one day, I'll double-bill those.

That's it for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment