Monday, May 25, 2020

Rain, Rain, Staying Home, Rain, etc.

Here I'm is again. Since I posted last, a few things have happened of note.

I guess first is that the Hickoids played one of these Facebook livestreams designed to help the Lost Well out, paying their rent, etc. And it turned out to be a fine, fine time. We had not rehearsed for it at all, but I suspect we'd all had some amount of self-practice; I had certainly run through the live album and new songs for it. Wouldn't you know it? Most of the stuff we ended up playing was not stuff I'd practiced at all, but it still went fine. Upon watching some of it later, I thought it was a pretty good show, and John Petri made the whole thing sound pretty fantastic. A lot of money was raised for the LW, which was the important thing. And I had a blast playing again. Unfortunately, I was not able to keep a mask on while playing. I began the set with mine on, but after the song was over, I was a-wheezin'. So, most of the set, I joined Jeff in not wearing a mask. The others all did, admirably. But then, with all the drum equipment around me, I was never close to the others, anyway. I guess.

I did add the sampler to the mix; loading a lot of applause sounds in it, so it was almost like an audience was there! (No, it wasn't.) Along with other goofy interjections, the sampler added to the show. Michelle came out as well, and she had a good time, dancing in front of us and whatnot. We needed that. And I needed it from a playing point of view. I believe the last post mentioned how I was losing some will to play, but naah.....I still got it.

Last Wednesday was Michelle's birthday, so I took the day off work, and we went to Enchanted Rock, a place neither one of us had ever been. It was fun, but we should have gone much earlier. The temperature was in the 90s by the time we were climbing the main rock. Jeeziz! But we did almost make it to the top, and I suspect we'll make a return trip sometime (cooler) and go "all the way." For a time, I thought we'd make it, but it's as well, we didn't. We were both exhausted by the time we got back to the car. Afterward, we went into Llano and bought a night stand table at a thrift shop. It now supports my night lamp and CPAP machine. Looks good. And later, we got food from Asiana, one of Michelle's fave Indian joints.

Friday, Michelle's parents brought us food from El Dorado and her birthday cake. It was good to see them; had been about three months, I believe!

That's all for now. Not feeling especially creative on the writing front!

No comments:

Post a Comment