Sunday, October 20, 2019

Hickoids / HMT 2019 Tour Thursday, August 15

Off to France!

One nice side effect of Jeff's misreading of the vacation rental's location was that we already had a head start to get to Toulouse in France. This came in handy. We started out relatively early, and the trip didn't seem that long. Once we were in France, the first thing I noticed was that the prices of everything in gas stations/convenience stores pretty much doubled. Spain is pretty ridiculously cheap, for Europe.

We were going to Toulouse, where we originally thought we might have a gig, but things didn't work out. Our friend Misty White lives there, and she hooked us up with a radio interview, which would allow us to play a few songs. I use the term "us" loosely, as this being an acoustic gig, it really didn't include me....well, maybe vocally a bit....but I did beat on things in the radio room. It was rather fun, though, and I tried not to destroy anything. At one point, somehow, I knocked a light bulb out of its lamp holder. Still not sure how that happened, but that was as destructive as I got. I sheepishly screwed the light bulb back in, as a good boy does when he's 57. My personal highlight was whispering "appelle," in the final break of "Driftwood." I'm almost as clever as Cody.

Before the radio gig, Misty shepherded us to a great restaurant. After all the bland Spanish food, I was ready for something more French. So, I had pizza.

We stayed in perhaps the nicest hotel of the entire tour that night. Not sure how we got that....well, I do, actually. Jeff booked it.

That's all I have to report about Toulouse. Le jour prochain, Grasse.

No comments:

Post a Comment