Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Life Update

Been a few days. Time to write a little. Thought I was better after the Hickoids blow-out at the "Filth and the Flautas" show in San Antonio last Saturday, but I had a little relapse today. Took a few hours off of work and decided to sleep a bit and relax more. This weather and sort-of cold have been pretty devastating, really. And then, bittersweetly, the Hickoids cancelled practice tonight. Bittersweetly I say, because getting together with them is always fun.

Speaking of the Hickoids, mixing and mastering of the forthcoming album "Hairy Chafin' Ape Suit" is taking place. I expect good results. And demand them, too.....been doing this too damn long! The artwork is done, so the album should be available fairly soon. We know the label head.

In Pocket FishRmen World, Brant began working night shift for the Texas Legislature, which means very little practice for us for awhile. And it came at a bad time; he's been a song idea machine lately. We've got a show on the 25th at the Hole in the Wall....should be a very good one, and we'll get a good practice in before that.

I've been looking at Facebook a little more lately, but I'm not sure why any more. About all I'm seeing is a lot of "experts" on social and political issues. Sort of tired of these "experts" and certainly all the conspiracy theorists. I wonder how some of these folks sleep at night, really I do. But then I've got a pretty good life, I guess.

Well, off to bed. Michelle started working at the Continental Club tonight....back to cocktailing for my fine young lass while she attends school. Hope it goes well for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment