Friday, March 16, 2018

Pocket FishRmen, Nomad, 3/15/2018

Last night, Pocket FishRmen took the stage for the second time this SX, at Nomad in a nice line-up including Queue Queue, Suckling, and Dinola. For the record, this is maybe only the second time the FishRmen con moi have played two days in a row, the other time being a West Texas trip in 2013. And it showed last night. I'm going to say, while trying to keep a small sense of modesty and decorum, that we tore the roof off the place. Damn, it felt good to be in a band hitting on all cylinders like that!

The backline drum kit at Nomad was in great shape, stayed in place, everything. I used my own snare and stand, throne and added one cymbal stand. And, puzzlingly, as I was removing my top hi-hat cymbal from the clutch, I dropped the main part of the clutch and could not find it on stage. The sound man and I both looked for quite awhile (the next band didn't have drums, so we had some time). I left the sound man with a clutch of mine to get through today with that kit. Weird.

I didn't use the sampler or lights last night, and man, did that make a difference in setup time! Gotta get an assistant. We dropped "Pronounce" from the set list, as that really does need the sampler for the electronic drum sections. Kinda falls flat without it. The rest was fine. I imitated the other samples as need be; having this new headset mic facilitates that.

Today is a day of rest, as they say. I may go see something later, depending on how I feel. Actually, after three days in a row of it, I don't feel bad at all; yesterday, I was much droopier. The leg is cooperating. Maybe I'll head out later.....hmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment