Saturday, March 17, 2018

Three gigs today! Oh, wait......two gigs today!

So, last night, I took it easy, stayed home, did a little laundry, watched a movie, practiced drumming, etc. My usual Friday night when I'm gigless for the last couple of years or so. There were a few shows I was interested in, but most of them were by folks who play regularly around these parts. So, I stayed home. Plus, I was getting a bad sore throat and feeling a bit sickly (just how I woke up today).

Around 1 in the morning, technically today, Phil Owen posted on the Skatenigs Facebook event page that today's show is completely off. Pocket FishRmen have no gig today now. A post by Adam Brewer of Texas Rockfest on someone else's wall today confirmed that they just haven't had enough people through their gates to pay for the show today. In his initial post, Phil promised we'd do this bill somewhere sometime. So maybe it'll happen in the near future. I'm somewhat disappointed, largely because we tore the paint off the walls at Nomad Thursday night and was looking forward to a quick 30-minute onslaught with the FishRmen today. But....it's not to be. I still have two Hickoids gigs. Maybe, feeling the way I do, that's for the better.

The first gig is at Voodoo Doughnuts, on Sixth Street, where we played their grand opening a couple years back. The second gig is closing out the 04 Lounge tonight. Both gigs will be mostly backlined for drums, but I've packed my "contingency suitcase" anyway. About to head downtown, figure out where to park, and roll these suckers (my cymbals/snare combo, too) what might be many, many blocks. Still, I'll take that over the alternative. I hope Jimmy Ford can get the Dinola van down into VD territory to get gear out to play. We shall see! Complete report tomorrow!

As I mentioned, I'm feeling ill, so I'm ending this here. It's been a pleasure, folks. Write ya real soon now, ya see?

No comments:

Post a Comment